Roshan Khursheed Bharucha
Member Board of Advisers
Worked as Provincial Minister (2000-2002) in Government of Balochistan in departments of Social Welfare, Informal education, Human Rights, Youth, Information, Population, Information Technology, Manpower Training, Sports, Archives & Culture and then worked as Senator in Senate of Pakistan (2003-2006). During the tenure she displayed high level of expertise and experience to develop social strategies and implement reforms programs all over Pakistan for:
- Providing basic health & hygiene education.
- Enhancing literacy and education.
- Empowering Women and Youth through training and networking.
- Rehabilitation of socio economic condition of poor women folk through vocational training and self employment.
- Awareness Raising regarding population to aware people of the hazardous population burst.
Roshan Bharucha possesses more than 30 years of unified experiences in fields of education, technical and vocational training, managing not for profit humanitarian organizations and she has been working for the welfare of people of Balochistan for decades.
Roshan Bharucha is currently CEO of HUNAR (Human Unity, Networking Ability and Resources) which is a not for profit NGO working for uplifting the socio-economic condition of poor of the poorest female folk of Balochistan through vocational training which leads towards self employment. HUNAR, under the leadership of Roshan, worked with GIZ rigorously and continuously for Rehabilitation/Improvement of current TEVT (technical education and vocational training) framework of Balochistan Province which included measurements such as Rehabilitation of Physical Infrastructure, Provision of Latest Teaching and Learning Equipment and Material and Further Up gradation of Staff TTC (Technical Training Center), WTTC (Women Technical Training Center), and GVI (Government Vocational Institute) Quetta. The sincere hard work of Roshan bore fruits and the quality of TEVT System vastly improved which can be ascertained from the major increment in intake capacity of the aforementioned Training Centers.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships:
She held and currently holds important board positions in several key organizations such as:
- Acting Chairperson of National Commission for Human Development.
- National Council Member of RAHNUMA FPAP and worked as Vice President for two terms and National Treasurer for one term.
- Chairperson of SOS Children Village, Quetta
- Member Syndicate Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad
- Member of Aga Khan Education Board.
- Member of the Pakistan Senate’s Think Tank.
- Board Member of Balochistan Rural Support Program.
- Ex-Member Board of Trustees Hamdard Foundation.
- Ex-Member of Education Curriculum Wing .
- Ex-Member in Senate of Women University Balochistan.
- Ex-Member National College of Arts , Board Member .
- Ex-Member Liaison Committee Public Police.
- Ex-Chairperson IT Pearl Institution, Balochistan.
- Ex-Goodwill Ambassador of Polio-UNICEF.
- Ex-Chairperson of Public Media Committee.
- Ex-Director of PPL
International Conferences and Seminars:
Roshan has taken part in many international and national conferences such as:
- Study tours to Philippines under the UNDP Strengthening Democracy through Parliamentary Development Projects.
- 58th Session of the World Wealth Assembly from May 16-25, 2005 in Geneva , Switzerland .
- The first India and Asia Region CPA Conference in Hyderabad , India from November 17-22, 2004.
- 15th International Aids conference on July 11-16, 2004, in Bangkok- Thailand .
- Five (5) weeks study tour to USA in 2003.
- Participated in the UNICEF Convention of the Rights of Children in May 2002 at the United Nation in New York .
- Attended the United Nations’ Conference on women and delivered an address on the Status of Women in Pakistan , March 2001.
- Attended Pakistan Days in Germany (Berlin and Munich) sponsored by Pakistan German Business Forum and GIZ on 27-29 Oct, 2013
Awards and Recognitions:
- Human Rights Awards ( Pakistan Human Rights – Lahore ).
- Social Work Award by Tarraq-e-Niswan – Balochistan.
- Girl Guides Award
- Award by Mayor of Dallas-USA for Social Work.